There are many things that women do to signal to the general public that they don’t want to be spoken to. This especially goes for guys who want to spit mad game, yo.
There’s a time and place for everything, but here are some times to let her be. If she really catches your attention, it’ll be worth it to wait it out until next time, when she’s more open.
– When she’s at the gym, especially if she has her headphones on and is focused on her workout, she doesn’t want to talk to you, man. It may or may not be personal, but both headphones in is the universal sign for “whatever I’m doing, I’m focused on it – leave me alone.” If you can’t pick up on that, why would she think you could pick up on any of her other wants and needs?
– When she has a baseball cap on and is standing in line for coffee, looking at her phone, she’s hiding. If she’s waiting for coffee that means she hasn’t had it yet, and we all know how days begin before you’ve had your coffee. She probably isn’t wearing makeup and isn’t feeling her best, so she doesn’t want to talk to you, man.
If you can’t help yourself, make your move by buying her coffee for her and let her start up the conversation if she wants. If she doesn’t, take your extra bonus points and wait for her to recognize you next time.
– If her body language is closed off, you should be able to tell. Crossed arms, facing away from you, avoiding eye contact, or other ‘barriers’ should all be clear signs to save the pursuit for another day. Some ‘dating coaches’ will try to sell you ways to overcome her attitude, but if you make her uncomfortable in the process, you’ve already lost.
– When you’re too drunk to formulate coherent thoughts, it’s always a good time to stay away from new women. There’s no better way to get the pepper spray pulled out on you than to start slurring lame lines at someone who can smell your booze breath before you even start talking to them.
– When you have no idea what you’re going to say, that’s probably a good sign you shouldn’t say anything at all. Trust me, I would never advocate having pre-written material ready for a conversation, but you’ve got to recognize your own skills and be realistic about them. If you’re not a good conversationalist and don’t think you’re going to be able to keep a woman’s attention by randomly approaching her, then you need a new strategy, man.
Timing is everything – make sure you get it right.